DigiTar, Inc. complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. DigiTar, Inc. has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principals of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view DigiTar, Inc.’s certification, please visit http:/www.export.gov/safeharbor.
Collection of Personal Information
- If You wish to participate in certain of the forums, centers and communities made available on the DigiTar Services Portals, DigiTar may ask You to register a user account and to provide certain Personal Information which DigiTar from time to time requires for Your participation in these forums and communities, including but not limited to Your e-mail address.
- If You have subscribed to DigiTar newsletters, press releases and/or special offers through the DigiTar Portals or elsewhere, DigiTar will ask You to provide certain Personal Information such as Your e-mail address.
- If You submit an on-line order for any DigiTar software products or services through the DigiTar online direct sales portal or through a DigiTar third party sales partner You will be asked to provide certain Personal Information in order to be able to complete the purchase, such as name, postal address, e-mail and credit card details. Please note in this respect that the DigiTar online direct sales portal may be operated by third party e-commerce service providers, that such e-commerce service providers will own any Personal Information that You provide in connection with the purchase of DigiTar products and/or services and that such e-commerce providers’ privacy policies will apply for any Personal Information that You provide through the DigiTar online stores.
- If You wish to take part of certain DigiTar or third party offers for products and/or, You may be asked to provide certain Personal Information such as name and e-mail address. Please note that, for certain offers from DigiTar partners, You will be redirected to the DigiTar partners’ Portals to take part in the offer, in which case the DigiTar partners’ will own any Personal Information provided by You in relation to such offer and the DigiTar partners’ privacy policies will apply for any Personal Information that You may provide.
- If You request online support for any DigiTar products or DigiTar Services, DigiTar may ask You to register a user account and to provide information necessary in order for DigiTar to provide appropriate support services, such as e-mail address, country of residence, license number, hardware and the type of problems that You are experiencing. Please note in this respect that certain support services offered via the DigiTar Portals are not provided by DigiTar, but by DigiTar recommended support service providers.
Please note that DigiTar does not control, does not review and has no responsibility for the privacy policies of its service providers or co-operation partners. DigiTar therefore encourages You to read such service providers’ and/or partners’ privacy policies thoroughly before You submit any Personal Information to such third party service providers and partners.
You decide, in Your sole discretion, whether You want to proceed with any activity associated with the DigiTar Services that requires You to provide Personal Information to DigiTar and DigiTar’s service providers or partners. Please note, however, that if You choose not to provide the requested information You may not be entitled to pursue the requested activity or otherwise use the full functionality of the DigiTar Services.
Use of Personal Information
DigiTar will use and process Your Personal Information solely for the following purposes:
- If You have registered an account for any DigiTar forum, centers or communities, including but not limited to the DigiTar Partner Portal, DigiTar will use the Personal Information provided through the user account in order to e.g. provide the relevant services; alert You of events relating to Your participation in the relevant forum, center or community; contact You relating to administrative tasks relating to Your user account and send password reminders upon Your request.
- If You have chosen to subscribe to DigiTar newsletters, press releases and/or special offers, DigiTar will use the Personal Information that You provide in connection with such subscription for the purpose of providing You with such newsletter, press releases and/or special offers. You can unsubscribe from the DigiTar newsletters, press releases and/or special offers at any time by using the unsubscribe form.
- If You have purchased DigiTar Service products, DigiTar will use Your Personal Information to provide You with important user information relating to the specific DigiTar services and/or products that You hold a license for as well as to provide You with license specific information, including but not limited to notices on when the license is about to expire etc.
- If You have registered an account at the DigiTar Support Forum, DigiTar will use the Personal Information provided through the user account in order to e.g. provide the relevant support services; contact You relating to administrative tasks relating to Your user account and send password reminders upon Your request.
- If You accept an offer for DigiTar or third party products or services on the DigiTar Portals, the Personal Information provided by You to DigiTar in relation to such offer (if any) will be used for the provision to You of such products or services. If you accept an offer for DigiTar service(s), the Personal information provided by You to DigiTar in relation to such offer (if any) will be used for the provision to You of such service.”
Please note, when You post, upload, submit or otherwise make available to the various DigiTar Portals, forums, centers and communities or elsewhere on the DigiTar networks whose purposes’ includes the public display of information, any and all such information, discussions, opinions, blogs, postings, ideas, feedback and other communications and materials of any kind will be considered public information and will not be treated as confidential information.
Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
DigiTar shares Personal Information with the aforementioned third party service providers, however the DigiTar service providers are required by agreement to keep any and all Personal Information received from DigiTar strictly confidential and the service providers have no rights whatsoever to use any such Personal Information in any way other than for the purpose for which it was received by DigiTar. Accordingly the service providers are not allowed to use any Personal Information received for direct marketing purposes or to share the Personal Information with any third parties. Further, the DigiTar service providers are required to adopt appropriate security measures in order to protect such Personal Information from unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration.
In addition to the above, DigiTar may share Your Personal Information if required to do so under applicable laws, courts or regulations.
For quality assurance purposes, DigiTar may collect performance, reliability and usability metrics about your usage of our service and apps. This does NOT include the personal content, data, or intention of any action taken.
DigiTar may further share with third parties aggregate statistical information, i.e. information that does not identify You as an individual, but refers to certain DigiTar users in aggregate. Examples of such aggregate statistical information include the number of users that utilize a specific product or number of users that clicked on a particular advertisement.
Crash reporting is essential to DigiTar providing high quality products and services to our customers, and we automatically transmit back to us the details of any crash from our apps or services. This information includes, but is not limited to, device state information, unique device identifiers, device hardware and OS information, information relating to how an application functions, and the ID of the DigiTar account being used when the crash occurred.
Security of Personal Information
DigiTar has implemented appropriate security measures in order to protect Your Personal Information, including but not limited to appropriate technical measures to protect Your Personal Information from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure and alteration. If You have been provided with a password in order to access certain forums, centers and/or communities at the DigiTar Portals You are responsible for keeping that password confidential and You should not to reveal that password to any third party.
DigiTar further recognizes the particular importance of protecting the privacy of children and DigiTar is committed to protecting children’s privacy on the Internet. DigiTar does not generally target children and does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If DigiTar would discover that a child under the age of thirteen (13) has provided Personal Information through the DigiTar Portals, or if DigiTar is contacted by a verifiable parent or legal guardian about his or her child’s participation on the DigiTar Portals, DigiTar will delete the Personal Information about the child from DigiTar’s active user records.
Links to Other Services
On the DigiTar Portals You will find various links to the web Services of certain DigiTar partners as well as offers for such partners’ products and services which direct You to such partners’ web Services. For the avoidance of any doubt, DigiTar is not responsible for the content, business practices or operations of such web Services. Please note that these partners have their own privacy policies. If You link to our cooperation partners’ web Services from any of the DigiTar Portals we encourage You to read such partners’ privacy policies before You submit any Personal Information on their Services. The presence of a link to DigiTar partners’ web Services does not constitute or imply DigiTar’s endorsement, recommendation, or sponsorship of the content, goods, or services available through, or contained on, such partners’ web Services.
Access to and Corrections of Personal Information
In order to keep Your Personal Information accurate, DigiTar depends on You to amend Your user account(s) to include updated contact details. Registered users may update their user accounts by accessing them electronically through the DigiTar Portals. If you wish to ascertain which of Your Personal Information DigiTar stores and/or to which third parties such stored Personal Information have been provided, please send a written request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the postal address of DigiTar provided below. The request which shall be sent to the attention of DigiTar’s Privacy Agent shall be signed by You and shall include proof of identification such as Your full name, postal address, e-mail address (including previous e-mail addresses that You have used on the DigiTar Portals). DigiTar will make reasonable efforts to respond to such requests within one (1) month from receipt thereof, provided however that such request is provided no more frequently than once a year. In the event any incorrect or false Personal Information has been stored relating to You, You may further request DigiTar to correct, block or delete any such incorrect or false Personal Information.
Please note that if You request that DigiTar delete certain Personal Information relating to You, You may no longer be entitled to continue to pursue certain activities at the DigiTar Portals and/or to otherwise use the full functionality of the DigiTar Services.
Independent Recourse Mechanism
DigiTar has selected the International Centre for Dispute Resolution, the international division of the American Arbitration Association® (IDCR/AAA) as the administrator of DigiTar’s independent recourse mechanism for the U.S.-EU & U.S.-SWISS Safe Harbor program.
3355 North Lake Harbor Lane
Boise, ID 83703 USA
Last updated: October 8, 2015